Written by Carlos Xuma.
Here’s a question which came in…
“How do I know if a girl is interested in me? I find it hard to read her attraction to me when I’m so busy trying to show her my self-confidence?”
The key to this question is understanding your correct attitude: You don’t NEED her to like you.
It’s okay to WANT it, but don’t become so attached to every encounter with a woman that you end up NEEDING her to like you. That’s the train to nowhere, and it will leave soon if you even begin to go that route.
There are many indicators of a girl’s interest in you. You just have to know where to look. The primary three are these:
- Actions (What she does that indicates her interest obviously)
- Words (what she says to you)
- Body language (what she does that indicates her interest subtly)
These are also in order.
You trust her actions first, her words next, and her body language after that.
- If you’re getting clear buying signals in her actions, ignore her words.
- If you get interest from her words, ignore her body movements.
- Your last resort is to interpret her body language.
What about sexual energy?
#1. The first indicator is her actions to tell you she likes you.
Always watch what she does first, and ignore her words if they don’t jive with the way she behaves.
Here are a short list of “she’s interested” indicators:
- She touches you or leans in close
- She makes it a point to smell your cologne
- She takes you along with her to another bar/dance club
- She initiates conversation with you
- She asks for your number (but only if she asks before or after giving hers. If she refuses to give you her number, she’s not interested.)
- She looks you over (especially glances at your mouth)
#2. The next thing you listen to is her words.
What does she say to you?
Here’s a list of things that indicate her interest verbally:
- She asks a lot of questions about you
- She talks about sexual topics (without you initiating them)
- She uses very sensual words when describing you
- She tells you secrets (indicating trust)
This next list is more difficult, since you will have to refine your radar as to…
#3. What her body language is saying.
It’s much more subtle, and more difficult to read. Again, I always suggest that you make sure to judge her body language only when you have no other evidence to help you out.
Here are some buying indicators:
- Occasional glance(s) from far away
- Looks at you a few times (flickering glances at your lips)
- Holds your gaze for a moment with no words
- Looks down, then away
- Goes out of her way to laugh with you
- Posture changes, looks alert
- Covers her mouth or touches her face
- Adjusts hair, attire
- Faces you
- Alert, energetic
- Pupils are dilated
- Open posture (arms uncrossed)
Remember that your primary indication of interest from any woman is in her behavior.
No matter what she says, if she isn’t DOING the things that a woman that would do who is interested (smiles and talks to you, shows interest, gives you her phone number, etc.) she isn’t REALLY interested.
She’s just trying to not hurt your feelings.
Results are the TRUTH!
One more minute because we’re not done yet – this whole “trying to figure out if a woman is interested in can lead you down the wrong path of looking for VALIDATION…
Part of our needs as humans is to get validation along the way to assure us and make us feel approved of.
We sought this validation and approval from our parents and peers when we were children, and we never really let go of that need when we had to “grow up.”
Limit the amount of approval you need from other people.
You can’t worry too much about what other people think about you.
It’s easy to go through life seeking approval and never really accomplish anything because you’re trying to please everyone.
You can’t, and it’s a belief that you must leave behind.
(Willie Loman in “Death of a Salesman” fails to achieve for this same reason. He thinks it’s better to be liked that to achieve worthwhile goals.)
What this means for you in dating is that you need to be able to communicate, through subtle and not-so-subtle methods, that you do not need her approval.
A woman will not feel attracted to a man if she feels she has power over his sense of self-esteem.
How do you communicate this?
One way is to find and pursue your own personal interests. This can be as simple as a hobby or a sport interest, like swimming or weight training.
The best way you can demonstrate your independence is to have goals outside of a relationship.
Having a personal direction or mission is immensely attractive for a woman.
It shows women that you have a life outside of pursuing them. Hint at a depth they need to explore.
The more you seek approval and validation, the more it will elude you.
Killer First Dates – Never Be Left Wondering If She’s Interested or Not – Make Powerful First Impressions!
Here’s something Carlos and I (Peter White) put together a while ago but it’s still pretty cool and yes, it’s free when you sign in for it with your email:
Here’s what you’re going to learn:
- My simple 11-step method for creating a KILLER first date with a woman.
- Why you can’t “blame the method” – and how this can kill your dating life with women.
- The one thing you must never do on your first meeting with your online hottie.
- 3-step preparation plan for the first meeting with her – what you must do to put on the best first impression.
- How to raise your energy level and keep the right mental attitude for your date to create the highest level of attraction with her.
- How to have an endless stream of conversation on your online date.
- How long your first online date should be.
- My “Stacking” method for maximizing your time, and how to protect yourself from over-investing in any one woman.
- How to “turn on” your social motor before you meet her so that you give off a friendly and positive vibe.
- How to avoid communicating the wrong message to her that turns off women in minutes.
- The nights of the week you must never be going out on your online “dates…”
- One thing you must bring up in your conversation on your first date with a woman to ensure that you avoid going into the “friends only” zone with her.
- How to end the first date in a way that practically guarantees you’ll get another date – and you’ll avoid “creeping her out” in the process.
- My killer “escape chute” method for getting out of any bad date in just one minute.
Please visit my homepage from more great dating tips: